[DRBD-user] shutting down eth bonding

john youkhana jyoukhana at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:37:30 CET 2008

Hi,

I been using drbd with heartbeat about a month now and it works fine. The setup is a two node cluster and drbd has its own direct connection. Recently i got another network card for both nodes so i wanted to do bonding of the network interfaces. I did the bonding with mode=1 so its the active passive mode. But when i shutdown a node or just the bond0 itself, it hangs and freezes.

Some files i configured for the bonding.

cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias scsi_hostadapter ahci
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
alias eth1 8139too
alias eth0 8139too
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 miimon=100 mode=1 primary=eth1
alias dev17694 8139too
alias eth2 forcedeth

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0
DEVICE=bond0
IPADDR=192.168.100.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
TYPE=Ethernet

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
PEERDNS=yes
IPV6INIT=no

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet