[DRBD-user] DRBD+LVM+Ext3 online resize

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Dec 22 16:18:55 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 01:42:27PM +0000, Artur (eBoundHost) wrote:
> Lars said:
> >make sure you use 8kB kernel stack size
> >in those multiple-layers-of-virtual-block->devices setups,
> >or you get a kernel stack overflow.
>
> Can you explain what you mean here? Specifically where to find the stack size setting?

kernel compile time configuration.
iirc, its in "kernel hacking", and called CONFIG_4KSTACKS
if enabled, you are using 4kB stacks.
which aparently are too small for xfs (which quite a few bytes stack
itself) on these stacked blockdevice setups (which do not reduce stack
usage either).

--
: Lars Ellenberg