[DRBD-user] MAX DRBD DEVICES

Maciej Bogucki macbogucki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:20:43 CET 2008

Matthias Böttcher wrote:
> 2008/12/16 Maciej Bogucki <macbogucki at gmail.com>:
>
>> Isaac González wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We're planning to setup a Xen cluster with DRDB, anyone knows the number
>>> os devices or resources that can be active in a single machine?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Why You need more than one DRBD device? Use LVM on the top of DRBD.
>>

> May be he wants to spread the running Xen-DomUs over the two cluster nodes?

He could also spread XEn-DomUs on more than two servers, like as I did it:

Storage<---->iSCSI<---->Server_X<--->Xen-DomU_XY

where:
Storage - two node  cluster with Heartbeat, DRBD, LVM, and iSCSI target
Server_X - farm of servers with iSCSI client
XEn-DomU_XY - virtual servers on the top od physical Server_X - where Y
is from 4 to 8 in my case

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki