[DRBD-user] Creating a "degraded" DRBD (was: Staggered implementation questions.)

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Dec 4 17:02:57 CET 2008

Hello,

> I (Peter Funk) wrote:
> > This is on a freshly installed Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS which came with
> > a 8.0.11 DRBD package.

Stefan Seifert answered:
> Please, always use the latest version. That's 8.0.14 for the 8.0 branch. You
> might even consider upgrading to 8.2.7. The verify feature should be worth
> it.

To upgrade cleanly I need an Ubuntu debian package.  I didn't find one
on the net.  So I assume, I've to build one.
> >     drbdadm -- ::::1:1:::: set-gi r0
> >     drbdadm up r0
> >     drbdadm primary r0
> If you leave out the diagnostic commands, you'll see that you end up with just
> about the same commands as in the excellent drbd user's guide.
I've searched through http://www.drbd.org/users-guide online since the
Ubuntu package I mentioned above didn't contain this users guide.
But even with a lot of help from old aunt Google ;-) I wasn't able
to locate the section you mentioned above.  I admit, that I didn't
read the complete guide yet.  Nevertheless please give a hint.

BTW:
The same excellent users-guide contains the following sentence:
  "The DRBD source tree includes a debian subdirectory containing
   the required files for Debian packaging, so you can simply issue
   the following commands to build DRBD Debian packages: ...."
 (cited from http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-build-deb.html )
Unfortunately it wasn't that simple:
I've first downloaded 8.0.14 and than in turn 8.2.7 and 8.3.0rc1 from
http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/
Neither of these tarballs included the promised debian subdirectory.

Is there a location where I can download a DRBD users guide matching
the software version I have?  Or do I have to add this debian subdirectory
to upgraded original tarballs on my own again?

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, ✉Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: ArtCom GmbH, ✉Lise-Meitner-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen, Germany