[DRBD-user] 8.0.x on pasemi/ppc

Little, Kevin klittle at verivue.com
Thu Dec 4 00:00:25 CET 2008

Hello, list.

We are in the process of deploying drbd in a system based on the PASemi/PPC architecture (short term, for obvious reasons). The distro is MontaVista CGE 5.0. Their latest supported release of drbd is 8.0.3, which they have very recently assured us "is marked as supported for both LSPs in CGE5.0 and it is a production ready feature".

Recent comments on this list seem to indicate that 8.0.3 has known issues with PPC (BigEndian bugs, etc.)

For very simple use-cases (simple Primary/Secondary, small partition size, nothing fancy), how imperative is it to move beyond 8.0.3 on the PPC release? Doing so entails stepping forward from the vetted MontaVista baseline, which we are reluctant to do.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

    - Kevin Little