[DRBD-user] drbdadm verify {resource} ... isn't

Sam Howard sam.howard at officepcsupport.com
Sun Aug 31 22:25:31 CEST 2008

GAH!!!!

Ubuntu got me!  I didn't install the DRBD stuff on purpose, but they snuck
it into the default kernel.

If I could get the Xen 3.3.1 build's linux kernel to work as a Dom0, I
wouldn't have run into this ... go figure.

Well, I disabled the default Ubuntu DRBD module, did a depmod, and suddenly,
I have the version I expect and verify works!  Hooray!

So, any recommendations between sha1, md5, or crc32c?  They all seem to run
in about the same time (~75 seconds on my test 4G device).  Is one more
accurate than the other?

--Sam