[DRBD-user] Always get Split brain after reboot of both nodes

Chris Joelly chris-m-lists at joelly.net
Tue Aug 26 22:03:52 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 01:43:47AM +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:11:15PM +0200, Chris Joelly wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > versions are:
> >
> > paraadm at parastore02:~$ dpkg -l | grep drbd
> > ii  drbd8-utils 2:8.0.11-0ubuntu3 RAID 1 over tcp/ip for Linux utilities
>
> from the ChangeLog of drbd-8.0.13
> 8.0.13 (api:86/proto:86)
> --------
>  * Fixed a possible deadlock in case "become-primary-on-both" is used,
>    and a resync starts
>
> maybe you are a victime of that one?

yes, sounds reasonable. but i'm wondering why there is a resync needed
after rebooting both nodes, as i assume that both sides are in sync. at
least at the moment i issue the reboot command on both nodes, and thee
is no filesystem mounted on the resource ...

--
Nur der Kleingeist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos. ;-)