[DRBD-user] DRBD on SSD disks - is anyone really using it ?

Robert Heinzmann (ml) reg at elconas.de
Fri Aug 22 22:29:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

there is a lot going on with SSD at the moment. Benchmarks are very
promising, however it seems nobody's really using it and some practical
tests performed by a colleage of mine showed defects on the disks afer a
very short time (less than a week). So reliability may be an issue with
SSD, especially with DRBD meta data writes - which really stress the
write bearing algorithms in the SSD disks.

There have been some discussions about DRBD performance with SSD and
write bearing already
(http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080716.170553.74a1c8f7.en.html).

I wanted to get some feedback if anyone is using SSD on DRBD in
production environments ? If so some feedback regarding

- runtime
- performance
- reliability

would be nice.