[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.2 crashes CentOS 5.2 on rsync from remote host

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:54:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Chris Miller <drbd at scratchspace.com> wrote:

> I've got a pair of HA servers I'm trying to get into production.
> Here are some specs :
>
> Xeon X3210 Quad Core (aka Core 2 Quad) 2.13Ghz (four logical
> processors, no Hyper Threading)
> 4GB memory
> Hardware (3ware) Raid 1 mirror, 2 x Seagate 750GB SATA2
> 650GB DRBD partition run on top of an LVM2 partition.
>
> CentOS 5.2 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> DRBD 8.2 (drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos)
> Kernel Module kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-1.2.6.18_92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
>
> I've been trying to rsync data from a remote server and it's crashed
> a couple of times now. It does not happen immediately, but over
> time. I connected a serial console and got the below panic message.
> The last file copied was ~1GB in size, but previous files up to 4GB
> had been copied. I do not have kernel core dumping enabled, but
> that's a possibility if needed. Not sure if this is a bug or is
> caused by something I've done. This isn't my first DRBD install
> (although first on top of LVM) and I believe I've gotten everything
> setup correctly. I did have a full sync rate (110M) enabled over
> Gbe, if that's relevant. Thoughts?

I would think your storage could handle the 110M rate, but have you checked?
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-July/009897.html

Maybe the drbd.conf would be useful...
I doubt 2.6.18_92.1.10 would make a difference, but it should be there now.
Why centosplus - because of 3ware?

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".