[DRBD-user] Setting an "outdated" disk back to "UpToDate" ?

Robert reg at elconas.de
Fri Aug 15 15:27:22 CEST 2008

How can I easily set a outdated disk back to UpToDate ?

Lets assume the situation where your primary data center burns down.
First the network switch for the replication link burns and then the
server itself. So first the standby disk is outdated by dopd. 2 minutes
later the primary server dies and heartbeat ties to activate ressources
- as intended(!). How your boss comes and says - primary data center
burned down ? what the heck, we have a cluster start all engines in the
other data center. Your data (some minutes old but outdated) in the
second data center is ALL you have, so you have to remove the outdated
flag so start the ressource.

How can someone remove the outdated flag ? drbdmeta ?

Robert