[DRBD-user] drbd can not connect to the other peers after a hardware crash

Denis Alligand d.alligand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 00:06:15 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to make some test on drbd after a dister recovery.

i have the following problem:

When i simulate an hardware crash (bassically by swiching off the power),
when the server gies up again, it is unable to connect to the other peers
still alive.

My configuration:

2 Dell Poweregde 2950 with perc6 raid 1systeme (2*300 G SAS 15K HD)

Version:

 cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.0.11 (api:86/proto:86)
GIT-hash: b3fe2bdfd3b9f7c2f923186883eb9e2a0d3a5b1b build by root at marion,
2008-04-21 23:46:26

 1: cs:StandAlone st:Secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown   r---
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
        resync: used:0/31 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
        act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

as you can see the peer in unknow state but i have no way to have it back to
a uptodate or inconsitent state.

at boot up time I have the nasty message that tells me the server is waiting
for another peers, but i am sure the peers is up and running.

Even when i boot both node at the same time i can not connect them together.

Of course it uses to work with the same configuration,

no problems occurs when i made a hearbeat stop on one node or when i plugged
of the network cable, it only happened when i made a hardware crash.

I want to have it back again, i tested on another 2 servers ans the only way
i found so far was to format enre-install the server.

i guess there is a lock somewhere, but i have no clue where to find.

Any help?

configuration is quite simple:

global {
  usage-count yes;