[DRBD-user] Recommended upgrade path for DRBD?

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Wed Apr 16 16:47:46 CEST 2008

All,
I am currently in the process of determining "best practices" for
upgrading many of our third party products. I have seen mention in
various presentations that upgrading DRBD does not have a minimal or no
impact upgrade path. I was wondering how others handle upgrading DRBD on
a live production system. The configuration I am using consists of a
pair of servers managed by heartbeat, using DRBD to mirror the data
partition for postgresql. Luckily on my current system I'm already at
DRBD 8.2.4, but wanted to plan ahead for future upgrades. I am running
Red Hat 5, but our production systems will run CentOS 5.1.

Thanks,
Doug Knight
WSI Corp.