[DRBD-user] Sync very slow on large partition

George H george.dma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:54:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've done drbd setups many times with small partition sizes like 20GB to 80GB.
Now for the first time I have a 512GB partition I want as my DRBD
device (/dev/drbd0)

I have drbd 8.0.0 with linux kernel 2.6.23 and the machines are
connected on a LAN on a 100 megabit switch.

So I set the syncer rate to 10M and it took 20 minutes for the initial
sync to begin. Once it began it took a few hours to get to 3.2% and
then it stopped on it's own. Then 10 or so minutes later it began
syncing again from 0%.

it was transfering at 3K/s the whole time. This is the first time it
happens. Is this because my partition is very big?

My meta disk is set to Internal, I can't think of what's wrong. any help