[DRBD-user] handlers don't get executed and sync problems

Fabiano Sidler fabianosidler at my-mail.ch
Tue Apr 1 23:32:29 CEST 2008

Hi folks!

I have set up 2 almost identical machines with drbd 8.0.4 and the following
configuration:
---
global { usage-count yes; }

common {
  protocol C;
  disk {}
  net {
    ko-count 10;
    after-sb-0pri disconnect;
    after-sb-1pri call-pri-lost-after-sb;
    after-sb-2pri call-pri-lost-after-sb;
    always-asbp;
    rr-conflict call-pri-lost;
  }
  startup {
    degr-wfc-timeout 30;
  }
  syncer {}
}

resource mail {
  on mailsrv {
    device /dev/drbd1;
    disk /dev/sda6;
    address 192.168.0.3:8899;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on websrv {
    device /dev/drbd1;
    disk /dev/sda6;
    address 192.168.0.2:8899;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  handlers {
    local-io-error "/root/bin/drbd/local-io-error mail";
    outdate-peer "/root/bin/drbd/outdate-peer mail";
    pri-lost "/root/bin/drbd/pri-lost mail";
    pri-lost-after-sb "/root/bin/drbd/pri-lost-after-sb mail";
    pri-on-incon-degr "/root/bin/drbd/pri-on-incon-degr mail";
  }
}

resource web {
  on mailsrv {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/sda5;
    address 192.168.0.3:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on websrv {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/sda5;
    address 192.168.0.2:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  handlers {
    local-io-error "/root/bin/drbd/local-io-error web";
    outdate-peer "/root/bin/drbd/outdate-peer web";
    pri-lost "/root/bin/drbd/pri-lost web";
    pri-lost-after-sb "/root/bin/drbd/pri-lost-after-sb web";
    pri-on-incon-degr "/root/bin/drbd/pri-on-incon-degr web";
  }
}
---
All of the files in /root/bin/drbd are symlinks to /root/bin/drbd-handler,
which sends an email and then evaluates $0 to perform the task.
However, I don't get any email because no handlers are run. How can I fix
that?

The second problem is that when I reboot mailsrv, drbd on websrv seems to
sync tht complete partition (which takes over 20 minutes), while when I
reboot websrv, the sync to mailsrv takes a second. Is this related to the
command 'drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect mail' I had to use because of
problems connecting the mail partitions? (This is also why I've disable hmac
authentication, the nodes are connected together over an own private LAN)

I hope I was clear enough and looking for answers
Greetings,
Fabiano