[DRBD-user] The Elegant Way to Include a Master-Slave into a Group? + Please help me double-check this CIB

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Apr 1 16:29:43 CEST 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 17:35:28 Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>   Hi List People. :)
>
>   I wonder if someone here had the same issue before, and can point me
> to an elegant solution:
>
>   I have 4 resources that must run under the same machine: a DRBD file
> system (a Master-Slave resource); a Mount-Point for it on my System; a
> MySQL database (using the mounted file system); and an IP address (so my
> users can reach the database).
>
>   Following the suggestion in the V2 how-to, I'm implementing a <group>
> in order to enable all the resources to be activated in the right order
> and all in the same machine without going mad writing configuration rules.

The User's Guide, as it stands today, does not include a how-to for using the
drbd master/slave RA. Until it does, take a look at
http://wiki.linux-ha.org/DRBD/HowTov2 where what you are attempting to do is
described nicely.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.