[DRBD-user] DRBD + Heartbeat + 1 eth + 1 serial

Matteo Campana matteo.campana at klarya.it
Fri Sep 28 10:25:01 CEST 2007

    * I disconnect primary node from the ethernet
>>     * secondary ----> primary  (ok)
>>
> If you only disconnected the ethernet interface and this happened,
> apparently your serial heartbeat is not working.
> Because if it was, heartbeat would understand that this is a
> communications channel failure, not node failure so it should not
> migrate resources

Mhh.....but in my configuration I use "ipfail" because I want the
ethernet interface up for my system, so I think that the heartbeat
behavior is correct...or no??

My ha.cf:

/logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility     local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 30
warntime 7
initdead 120
serial /dev/ttyS0
baud 19200
udpport 694
bcast   eth0
auto_failback off
node OV-HA1
node OV-HA2
ping 192.168.0.254
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
apiauth ipfail gid=haclient uid=hacluster
deadping 15/

Thanks,
Matteo