[DRBD-user] changed device assignments

Thanos Chatziathanassiou tchatzi at arx.gr
Tue Sep 18 11:13:26 CEST 2007

Hi list,

First of all thanks for drbd, it has worked miracles for us here.
I've been running drbd-0.7.x (currently 0.7.23) for quite some time now
and it has performed flawlessly on two drbd devices providing ha nfs
maildirs for our front end mail servers.

I started running out of disk space on the first drbd device and thought
I'd swap the 4x36GB with 4x136GB disks I had lying around, create (a)
bigger partition(s), drbdadm resize maildirs and resize2fs for some
extra space.
The servers are identical Intel SPSH4 boxes and all 8 hard drives (per
server) are connected to Intel SRCU42X (re-badged LSI-Megaraid-320-2X)
controllers.

So each one has two RAID10 arrays, initially /dev/sda and /dev/sdb.

I removed the array corresponding to /dev/sda on the first one, swapped
the drives and created a new one, only the controller assigned /dev/sda
to the previous /dev/sdb and the new array got assigned /dev/sdb.

Is there a sequence I can follow editing my drbd.conf, so that no
downtime will be necessary to rectify this ?

my current drbd.conf is attached.

any ideas ?

Best Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou