[DRBD-user] 8.0.6 SLES9 .244 kzalloc undefined

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 14 10:10:15 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:39:12AM +0200, Andre Konopka wrote:
> additional information:
>
> mmh.. I see that there is some code to use kmalloc instead of kzalloc
>
> make enable the 'backport' of kzalloc but obviously without success

SLES9 is missing the netlink connector,
which we use instead of ioctl to configure the devices.
we provide a "backward patched" connector,
which aparently uses kzalloc too,
but does not include the "drbd_compart_wrappers.h" ...

too bad.
copy the static inline kzalloc thing from drbd_compat into cn_queue.c.

but be aware that all of this (the "backported" connector module)
is but a very dirty hack. if you can, upgrade to SLES10,
or something like that.

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :