[DRBD-user] Mirroring between NFS servers

Dave Dykstra dwdha at drdykstra.us
Mon Oct 29 22:28:03 CET 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 02:18:56PM -0700, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 04:14:39PM -0500, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> > The internet archive has it all:
>
> Of course I'm thinking I should check google or the wayback machine when I
> posted that.

Well thanks for letting me know the link was broken.  I updated
the page.  The author's email address now bounces so I don't think
he's expecting to maintain the page anymore.

> The problem with that active/active nfs how to is that it is based around
> using a shared scsi/fcal subsystem as opposed to drbd.  It's easy enough to
> merge the two together but it is also old and a bit clunky.  I had to tweak
> a bunch of his things to get it to work under heartbeat 2 as well.

Yes, the HaNFS page could use a lot of improvement.  The trouble is
that there's such a huge variety of configurations and no one person
has tried them all so it's hard to get an expert able to write one
coherent page.  I had one experience with DRBD-based HA-NFS setup and
volunteered to improve the page somewhat, but I switched jobs and
haven't had any system for a couple years.  If anyone has specific
suggestions for improvements, I'll put them in.

- Dave