[DRBD-user] Slave node can't adquire resources...

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Oct 18 17:21:37 CEST 2007

Daniel Ruiz Molina wrote, On 10/18/2007 06:09 AM:
> Hi!
>
> I have two problems with 2 HA Servers. First problem is master node
> hangs whenever it wants... (this problem won't be discussed here).
> Second problem is when master node hangs, slave node can't adquire
> resources and gives an RC=20.
> Master node hangs  with a "special" hangs because it continues "alive"
> with all services "running" but don't working. In other words, master
> node continues with all resources and these resources are not working
> because of filesystem error or something misterious...

Yes I too love when my cluster can't umount one of the drbd drives before
heartbeat falls over.

> But, in spite of this, slave node detects master node as a dead node and
> tries to adquire resources... but it seems master node doesn't want to
> leaves reources and slave cant adquire...

Sounds like your setup REQUIRES	a STONITH[1] device, because you have a
"shared disk"[4].
If you don't have the hardware for the others, then the meatware[2][3] STONITH
is probably what you want to go with.

> After debugging with level 10, I put debug and ha-log files (resume...)
>
> DEBUG

<SNIP>

[1] http://www.linux-ha.org/STONITH
[2] http://www.linux-ha.org/ConfiguringStonithPlugins