[DRBD-user] In the init script, what exactly is drbdadm waiting for, exactly?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 17 23:00:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 12:51:59PM -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote:
> For a while now, I've been noticing that when starting the secondary,
> the script is just stuck waiting. I don't know what it's waiting for,
> though. As you can see on the primary, it's been connected, synced,
> and up-to-date...
>
> On the secondary:
> DRBD's startup script waits for the peer node(s) to appear.
>  - In case this node was already a degraded cluster before the
>    reboot the timeout is 120 seconds. [degr-wfc-timeout]
>  - If the peer was available before the reboot the timeout will
>    expire after 0 seconds. [wfc-timeout]
>    (These values are for resource 'logs'; 0 sec -> wait forever)
>  To abort waiting enter 'yes' [  60]:
>

> And for a number of seconds already, the primary has been reporting:

you should not have stripped the version here.
what drbd, what kernel etc.

also, can you reproduce this?
could you provide a process listing (grep for drbd)?
is there anything "unusual" in the kernel log?

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :