[DRBD-user] 8.0.6 LVM Snapshot on which machine?

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 13 01:01:56 CEST 2007

I have read an ancient discussion in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.linux.drbd/6175 and
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.linux.drbd/6125
concerning the question how to performa LVM snapshots.

My question: With DRBD8, is it possible to make a more or less reliable
LVM2 snapshot on Machine B, which is in standby?

Background: At night, when user access is low, I would like to make a
backup of the Mysql database (innodb) via LVM snapshot with minimum
downtime. Machine B could then easily gzip the database files without
any performance burden on machine A.