[DRBD-user] drbddisk resource type with heartbeat2

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Oct 12 12:35:43 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 03:04:56PM +0900, Kenji HIROHAMA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to this page, it seems that we should use "drbd" resource,
> not "drbddisk" resource type, with Heartbeat2/CRM;
> http://www.drbd.org/drbd8-howto2.html
>
> I think these two resources means the following two files;
> - /etc/init.d/drbd
> - /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk

no. if they talk about the "drbd" resource agent,
they mean /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/drbd

NOT the init script. if you use the init script as resource
agent things will go wrong very badly.

whether that ocf resource agent does what you want it to do
is a matter of heartbeat version, and how good you speak xml
	:)

but you may find useful information in the blog [1] of my co-worker
Florian...  http://blogs.linbit.com/florian/

subpage
2007/06/27/finally-useful-docs-for-drbd-integration-in-heartbeat-v2/

references the explanation by Lars Maroswky-Breé
of his resource agent script.

I could of course give you that link directly here,
but that would spare you all the goodness of Florian's blog
  :-)

cheers,

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :