[DRBD-user] newbie question about DRBD

En Zhu enzhu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 03:47:36 CET 2007

Hello Nate,

Thank you very much.  I did read the URL today.  I
tried to follow it and I did "make all".  Both "make
module" and "make tools" were successful.  I did see
/usr/src/drbd-8.2.1/drbd/drbd.ko was built
successfully.  Since I'm new to Linux kernel build
also, I'm really not sure what else I need to do to
install the drbd module to kernel, so I did "make
install", I assume it should take care updating kernel
and it reported successful also.  I didn't do "patch
DRBD to kernel" since I saw it's an alternative to
"make all", so I assume I don't need to do it.

Could you let me know if I missed any step?  Thank you
very much.

En