[DRBD-user] newbie question about DRBD

En Zhu enzhu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 00:08:07 CET 2007

Hello!

I'm very new to DRBD.  I have spent more than one day
try to install DRBD on my Fedora 7 system with no
luck.  My problem now is when I try to start DRBD with
"/etc/init.d/drbd start", I got:
Starting DRBD resources:    Can not load the drbd
module.

I'm using a Fedora 7 system.  I downloaded DRBD  8.2.1
source code from linbit.com.  I unzipped it at
/usr/src.  I was able to do "make all" and "make
install" without problem.  Then I modified
/etc/drbd.conf:
resource drbd-resource-0 {
  protocol C;
  handlers {
    pri-on-incon-degr "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ;
halt -f";
  }
  disk {
    on-io-error panic;
  }
  syncer {
    rate 10M; # Note: 'M' is MegaBytes, not MegaBits
  }
  on tiger {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda10;
    address   192.168.0.77:7789;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }
  on dual {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda9;
    address   192.168.0.90:7789;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }
}
I'm not sure if there is anything else I should do
now.  It looks I should be able to start drbd server
base on this tutorial:
http://www.linux-ha.org/DRBD/HowTo/Install
However, when I tried to start it, I got the error:
Starting DRBD resources:    Can not load the drbd
module.

I'm really clueless now.  Could you give me some hints
what I should do to fix the problem?

Thank you very much!

En