[DRBD-user] Migrating from x32 to x64

N.J. van der Horn (Nico) nico at vanderhorn.nl
Wed Nov 28 02:23:22 CET 2007

I moved 2 disks of 750GB each from a openSUSE-10.0_x86 to
openSUSE-10.3_x86_64 without problems.
The version of DRBD was in the old cluster 8.0.0 and in the new cluster
8.0.6 at that moment.
I started to build the new cluster whit openSUSE-10.3-RC1, only had some
SATA driver issues.
On top of the /dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1 are 20 reiserfilesystems on
LVM-volumes.
I was very carefull and took several measures to safeguard my data by
making backup's, taking at least 2 days.
But it proved to work without any problem, and still does after almost 2
months i think.
This is not just because i am a lucky person, but because DRBD is a
mature solution ;-)
In other words: thanks for this product from a happy redundant
replication technology user.
This does not mean that you will be lucky too, but this is my experiance
/ testimony ;-)

Nico van der Horn

--
Behandeld door / Handled by: N.J. van der Horn (Nico)
---