[DRBD-user] trying to use the block-drbd script for xen backend

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Nov 8 16:06:25 CET 2007

Florian Haas wrote:

> OK, note you invoked your Xen domU in two very different ways during and after
> installation.

> On installation, you explicitly told Xen to use a specific kernel and initrd.
> When you do that, the block-drbd script is invoked correctly and the DRBD
> resource is properly added to the domU.
>
> However, after installation, you are attempting to boot with the pygrub
> bootloader. Aye, there's the rub: pygrub appears to only support block
> devices and file-backed VBDs.

That's the missing link for me--I did not know that.  I knew that I
needed kernel and  initrd images when doing the initial install but
thought I could use the newly installed bits when starting up after the
install.

> Hope this helps,

Very much so.  Thank you for the insight, now I know where to focus my
efforts.

Tom