[DRBD-user] DRBD notification

Igor Neves igor at 3gnt.net
Mon Nov 5 15:02:43 CET 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:24:14 +0200
Marian Marinov <mm at yuhu.biz> wrote:

> On Monday 05 November 2007 15:06:52 Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> > On 11/5/07, Igor Neves <igor at 3gnt.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > There is some kind of notification (email, execute some script or
> > > something) implemented in drbd?
> > >
> > > I need DRBD to be reactive to some situations:
> > > * Split-Brain (IMPORTANT)
> > > * State Change (primary->secondary) (LESS IMPORTANT)
> > > * Sync's (MUCH LESS IMPORTANT)
> > > * ...
> > >
> > > I can do some cron job script, to parse the output of '/proc/drbd'
> > > every minute of so, but i want something more professional. It's
> > > there anything something like this in DRBD?
> > >
> > > I'm using drbd 8.0.6 release.
> >
> > There was a "plug-in" for nagios to check drbd services somewhere.
> > But i dont remember if it works well with drbd 8.0
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rodrigo
>
> Try heartbeat http://linux-ha.org
>
> Regards
> Marian

I'm using it, but heartbeat for itself, does not notify me of anything.

I have configured in heartbeat one resource, that send me one email in
the end of the service were migrated.
But the problem persists when there is a split-brain the drbd on the
Primary, will be primary anyway, and work in StandAlone mode, and I'm
never notificated, and the service remains working.

Thanks.
---------
Igor Neves <igor.neves at 3gnt.net>
3GNTW - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda