[DRBD-user] Feature request: drbd volumes useable in 1 host configurations

Joe Bill pica1dilly at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 10:11:04 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I would like DRBD to be able to "enable" a drbd volume
even though only 1 host is defined to access it.

Today if only 1 host is defined, this is what is
returned at DRBD startup:

#/etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    /etc/drbd.conf:10: in
resource drbdv-test:
        missing section 'on <PEER> { ... }'.
/etc/drbd.conf:10: in resource drbdv-test:
        missing section 'on <PEER> { ... }'.
/etc/drbd.conf:10: in resource drbdv-test:
        missing section 'on <PEER> { ... }'.

Of course, drbd should be able to handle online
configuration modifications to add/remove a second
host to the configuration of any drbd volume.

Additionally, this capability should also allow the
removal of all hosts from the configuration of a drbd
volume, as to preserve it the voléume's data, until a
new host is included in the drbd volume's
configuration, as to make the data previously stored
on that drbd volume available to this new host.

Thank you for your feedback.

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.