[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7.23 and MD corruption

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed May 23 19:04:05 CEST 2007

That is what I figured.

> so it "should just work",
> and it does so for us, all the time.
>
> but, you know, murphy and "shit happens" ...
> and the issue with the "READA failing without error on MD raid5",
> mentioned earlier in this thread is a real one.
> dm-crypt has suffered from it, and so would drbd, probably,
> when stacked directly on a md raid5 array.

Yes, there seems to always be something creeping up from MD/DM...

I remember the performance issue with meta-data on raid1 and barriers
not being passed down.

> we will double check and realease a workaround.
>
> note that typical usage is unaffected, though.
> [md is a pv, and drbd resides on an lv, so on dm-linear]

I think the safest thing is to use hardware raid for important data.

Another thing, is there any plans to implement a many-to-many
replication topology with DRBD say utilizing multicasting?

-Ross