[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7.23 and MD corruption

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:53:55 CEST 2007

Are you referring to the issues I had?
This is a common problem if you try to setup DRBD on an existing partition,
and don't take into consideration the meta-disk

When we ran this, it would "look" ok, but when trying to copy a file of a
certain size it would corrupt.
It turned out the magic number was around 183 megs for us.

The key to that was to build the partition on the DRBD device which is the
way it's supposed to be installed.

If you can let us know the exact steps you use to setup the drbd devce, the
partition, and our configuration file,
someone can probably help you.

Dan.