[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7.23 and MD corruption

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Fri May 18 17:56:33 CEST 2007

I saw someone else post something similar to this a few weeks ago, but
didn't see any response to it.  I've just set up DRBD 0.7.23 with
Heartbeat2 on two future database server.  However, DRBD seems to have
corrupted my multi-disk RAID1.  I booted a Knoppix CD on the affected
machines, removed the DRBD rc.d scripts, and rebooted and things were
fine.  To verify, I ran update-rc.d to recreate the symbolic links, and
rebooted again to find that it again would not boot.  Moreover, even
removing the rc.d links did not help - the array is, I fear, irreparably
damaged.

Is there any acknowledgement of this bug, or are there any suggestions
as to how one might go about fixing it?  I can't even boot into the
machine to run mdadm and repair the array, though maybe I can do that
from the Knoppix CD...

In any case, I just wanted to make people aware, and hopefully get a
little feedback.  Thanks.

--
Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator