[DRBD-user] Try to initial multiple volume at the same time.

David Huang david_huang at proware.com.tw
Thu May 17 10:14:59 CEST 2007

Hello Group

I have encountered an issue when I was trying to initial multiple volumes at
the same time.

I was trying to replicate 3 volumes( let's say they vol1, vol2 and vol3),
each one is 1.8TB. I can always enable first replication(vol1) smoothly.
However, every time I try to enable replication for vol2 while vol1 is still
doing first-time initialization, the process of DRBD in remote side always
hangs for a long long time (more than 5 mins.) . Meanwhile, the first -time
initializing replication of vol1 is still running good. The "ps x" output is
like this:

>17717 pts/0    D      0:00 drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 disk
/dev/VG02200705150330VG00/lv01 /dev/VG01.....

When this process finally completed its job (it will take more than 3 to 5
mins) , the remote vol2 of "cs" went StandAlone, but the local vol2 is still
WFConnection.

Is there any way to avoid this situation? Because we like to have 2 or more
first-time initialization at the same time.

Sincerely

David Huang

--
This message has been scanned for viruses
by MailScanner, and is