[DRBD-user] mkfs on a drbd partition hangs in drbd_al_begin_io

Håkan Engblom zyber_cynic at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 19:15:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

Have made some more investigations now.

It hangs in wake_up (the last call in drbd_al_begin_io). As far as I can
see, this wake_up is supposed to be called when a specific job is completed,
to tell the schduler to wake up all processes that might be waiting for this
job to complete. If this is the case it sounds strange that a call to
wake_up can block, but it does.

The argument to wake_up, some kind of q-identifier it seems, is this queue
DRBD-specific or is it some general queue, used in non-DRBD-code as well ?

Anyway I don't think this indicates that it is hanging in lower layers
(disk-hardware or driver to the disk) during a write operation, or ?

We're running on PowerPC, shouldn't make any difference, but just in case
someone recognize this problem.

br Håkan Engblom