[DRBD-user] Re: increasing drbd device size

manjo manjok at gmail.com
Sun May 13 01:30:08 CEST 2007

Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at ...> writes:

> it may appear now that it works, but you bypassed drbd again.
> drbd has no means anymore to know which blocks you modified,
> and you need a full sync to get to some "defined" state.
>
> if anything, then you made things worse.
>
> I get the feeling that something in your setup is "just wrong".

After calling resize on md1 on both nodes and then bringing up
drbd service, drbd did a full resync on the other node. Is that
still a problem?

Calling filesystem resize on drbd0 and doing a drbdadm resize
on both nodes would not resize drbd0. Now I am able to
degrade and bring up nodes using drbdadm and heartbeat and
changes are being synced.

Are there any commands to validate my setup? Appreciate the
feedback.