[DRBD-user] DRBD Disk size...does it matter?

Howard Yuan Howard.Yuan at Valence.com
Wed May 2 04:34:20 CEST 2007

Just curious here. If my primary server's DRBD partition is 83GB and it's being replicated to my secondary server who's DRBD partition is 90GB...does this cause any problems? Will it cause any problems? This is in an Active/Passive environment and the Primary server will always be primary unless it goes down for maintenance or problems.

I understand that if the secondary server ever becomes primary and goes over 83GB, it can cause problems, but besides this, are there any problems? Maybe in performance?

Howard Yuan
I.T. Department
Valence Technology, Inc.
http://www.valence.com/