[DRBD-user] Build problem with kernel 2.6.20.3 patched with drbd

Benjamin Watine watine at cines.fr
Fri Mar 23 16:53:38 CET 2007

Lars Ellenberg a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:59:48AM +0100, Benjamin Watine wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm trying to patch kernel 2.6.20.3 with drbd 8.0.1.
>> I've patched the kernel correctly, but when I try to build it,
>> I have this error :
>>

> hey, there is no guarantee that this "patch kernel" does work.
> it did for me recently (I think).
> if it does not work for you, fix it.
> or do the "normal module build".
>

>> [...]
>>  CC      drivers/block/rd.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_buildtag.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_bitmap.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_proc.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_worker.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_receiver.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_actlog.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/lru_cache.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_main.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_strings.o
>>  CC      drivers/block/drbd/drbd_nl.o
>>

> I'm not willing to read compiler output in anything other than the "C"
> locale, not german, nor french, nor portuguese.
>

>> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_nl.c:38:22: drbd_int.h : Aucun fichier ou
>> répertoire de ce type
>>

> but yes, it seems to not have found the drbd_int.h
> so maybe you have to s/<drbd_int.h>/"drbd_int.h"/g.
> or do the "normal module build".
>  :->
>
> did that help?

Yes, it helps, thank you :)

I've already done normal module build with success.

As you said, I've changed <drbd_int.h> for "drbd_int.h" in
drivers/block/drbd/drbd_nl.c and it worked fine. I'm currently running
the patched kernel with no problem.

Thank you for your great job and your help.

Regards

Ben