[DRBD-user] DRBD and write cache

Siim Vahtre siim_ at mumak.ee
Wed Mar 14 06:28:22 CET 2007

Thank you for your answer!

> if your hardware pretends to have done something which it actually did
> not do, there is no drbd magic to cover for you.

I am completely aware of that and I was not hoping for any "magic". I just
thought that maybe thanks do ordered writes and some consistency
flags/counters, it would be possible to figure out that something is wrong
(data in cache wasn't written out) and force full sync every time one of
the nodes dies. In that case, unless the other node dies while syncing, I
should be at the safe side.

Just for clarification: I am simply considering different options and
possible consequences of those options. I am not trying to use broken
hardware in hope that DRBD will solve all my problems.