[DRBD-user] DRBD ok with /hda but not with /hda1

drbd.20.fredo at spamgourmet.com drbd.20.fredo at spamgourmet.com
Wed Mar 7 11:44:34 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm working on it for few days now and I can't find the solution, please
help !

I have a dedicated disk (hda) for DRBD (0.7.14) wich is empty for now.
If I use DRBD with /dev/hda all is OK (even after rebooting).
If I create a partition (hda1) type ext3 or LVM or "non-DATA FS" (didn't
try anything else) and use drbd just after, all is OK

BUT

after a reboot DRBD says that the "lower device is already mounted".
So something is locking hda when I boot with a partition on it, but what ?

I tried to exclude hda* in evms.conf (sections : activate,
legacy_devices, sysfs_devices), put a filter in lvm.conf
("r|/dev/hda.*|") and set types to "[ "drbd", 16 ]", but nothing works !

Please help !
Thanks in advance.

PS : DRBD not excluded in evms and using /dev/evms/hda1 was working
fine, but no way to unmount the evms segment, so the /dev/evms/hda1 was
locked (trying to switch from primary to secondary result in "device in
use")

My conf :
---------
DRBD 0.7.14
Kernel 2.6.5-7.283-default

SLES 9.3, Novell eDir, Novell NSS, LVM, EVMS

/dev/sda1   *           1          26      208813+  83  Linux
/dev/sda2              27        1101     8634937+  8e  Linux LVM
/dev/hda1               1         775      390568+  8e  Linux LVM

/dev/evms/POOL1               200.0 MB  NSSFS     /opt/novell/ns
/dev/evms/lvm/system/swap     800.0 MB  SWAPFS    swap
/dev/evms/lvm/system/sys_lx   7.4 GB    ReiserFS  /
/dev/evms/sda1                203.9 MB  ReiserFS  /boot