[DRBD-user] high load with drbd 0.7.23 and 2.6.17 kernel

Petr Vyhnal vyhnal at cns.eu
Thu Mar 1 11:01:05 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have strange problem with newest drbd 0.7.23. Primary server works ok
when it's alone, but when I try sync secondary one load average on
primary goes rapidly up and estimated time is in hundreds hours. I'm
running Debian 3.1 Sarge on both machines where is 2.6.8 kernel and
0.7.10 drbd by default, but last week I had to upgrade kernel to 2.6.17
because of new Intel NIC and 3ware RAID controller. But because drbd
0.7.10 doesn't work with 2.6.17 kernel I decided to use newer version
0.7.23. I install same kernel version 2.6.17-2-686 from sarge backports
on both servers and compile own new drbd package against this kernel
from 0.7.23 source. Should I downgrade to some previous version of drbd
to solve this problem?