[DRBD-user] drbd0: BUG! md_sync_timer expired! Worker calls drbd_md_sync().

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Fri Jun 29 10:01:34 CEST 2007

On 19.06.2007 11:30, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:08:04AM +0200, H.D. wrote:
>> After an `drbdadm invalidate all' on the secondary, I got that line in
>> the logs of the primary. Short after that the secondary machine crashed.
>> It was at 3-4% of the resync.
>>
>> I don't know `how' it crashed, it just showed a black screen and was
>> completely hung.

FWIW.. all trouble was to blame to hardware. After the machine hung up
even on a live CD I replaced the mainboard. As this hasn't changed
anything I entered shotgun debugging.

Finally performance options in the mainboard BIOS where the culprit.

If someone runs on a Supermicro SMCI-X7DBE, stay away from options to
improve bus or DMA performance.

The only thing of interest left might be why I get this message once the
  network connection to the secondary box dies during a sync:

drbd0: alloc_ee: Allocation of a page failed

The box had 2GB of free RAM, 12GB of unused swap and I'm not aware of
anything limiting the resources DRBD can take.

I'd like to take this chance as well to thank the DRBD team for their
work and continued support!

--
Regards,
H.D.