[DRBD-user] Shrinking Filesystem

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Jun 22 19:18:42 CEST 2007

Never make the file systems or mount them on the iSCSI targets
only on the initiators. iSCSI isn't a file system sharing
protocol it is a block device sharing protocol.

> > what are you trying to do there?
> >
> > I mean, if I would export some blockdevice via iSCSI,
> > I'd not mount it locally, even with a cluster fs.
> > it just does not feel right, and probably asks for trouble
> > like resoiurce starvation deadlocks.
>
> That's what got me confused to begin with. I wanted to avoid
> mounting it
> locally. My issue was how to format a drive for ocfs2 without
> one of the
> nodes being able to see it. I was being stupid though - just
> had to export
> the /dev/drbd0 device over iSCSI, then format the device.

You will need to start your OCFS2 or GFS file systems from one
of the nodes in the cluster and once it is setup add that
resource to the cluster for all to share.