[DRBD-user] Shrinking Filesystem

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Fri Jun 22 18:33:24 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:24:09AM -0500, CA Lists wrote:
> I have two iSCSI targets that I have drbd 8.0.3 running on (CentOS 5). I'm
> using OCFS2 on my nodes. My question is, which filesystem do I need to
> shrink for DRBD? Do I want to shrink the iSCSI disk on the nodes
> (/dev/sdb1), the actual block device on both iSCSI targets (/dev/sdb), or
> the drbd device on the iSCSI targets (/dev/drbd0)? And can I do this after I
> have used OCFS2 to format the disk? Thanks,

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_faq.html#RESIZE

# Can the OCFS2 file system be shrunk in size?
No. We have no current plans on providing this functionality. However,
if you find this feature useful, file an enhancement request on bugzilla
listing your reasons for the same.

But usually, the shrinking will be from the upper devices to the lower
ones (filesystem -> iscsi -> drbd -> blockdev), while extending will be
other way around (blockdev -> drbd -> iscsi -> filesystem).

--
lfr
0/0