[DRBD-user] drbd0: BUG! md_sync_timer expired! Worker calls drbd_md_sync().

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Tue Jun 19 11:08:04 CEST 2007

After an `drbdadm invalidate all' on the secondary, I got that line in
the logs of the primary. Short after that the secondary machine crashed.
It was at 3-4% of the resync.

I don't know `how' it crashed, it just showed a black screen and was
completely hung.

Thanks for a reply.

drbd0: conn( Connected -> StartingSyncS ) pdsk( UpToDate -> Inconsistent )
drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
drbd0: writing of bitmap took 20 jiffies
drbd0: 300 GB marked out-of-sync by on disk bit-map.
drbd0: 314572800 KB now marked out-of-sync by on disk bit-map.
drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
drbd0: conn( StartingSyncS -> SyncSource )
drbd0: Began resync as SyncSource (will sync 314572800 KB [78643200 bits
set]).
drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
drbd0: PingAck did not arrive in time.
drbd0: peer( Secondary -> Unknown ) conn( SyncSource -> NetworkFailure )
drbd0: asender terminated
drbd0: drbd_pp_alloc interrupted!
drbd0: alloc_ee: Allocation of a page failed
drbd0: error receiving RSDataRequest, l: 24!
drbd0: drbd_send_block() failed
drbd0: BUG! md_sync_timer expired! Worker calls drbd_md_sync().
drbd0: Writing meta data super block now.
drbd0: tl_clear()
drbd0: Connection closed
drbd0: conn( NetworkFailure -> Unconnected )
drbd0: receiver terminated
drbd0: receiver (re)started
drbd0: conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection )
e1000: repl2: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Down
e1000: repl1: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Down
bonding: bond0: link status definitely down for interface repl1,
disabling it
bonding: bond0: link status definitely down for interface repl2,
disabling it
bonding: bond0: now running without any active interface !

--
Regards,
H.D.