[DRBD-user] Oops when shutting down drbd

Oliver Welter mail at oliwel.de
Tue Jul 31 22:03:10 CEST 2007

Hi Rainer

> From time to time I get a kernel oops caused by drbd. I think it happened
> during stopping drbd using "/etc/init.d/drbd stop" (altough I'm not 100%
> surehere, because it always happened when executing some shell script which
> contains multiple drbd related operations).
>
> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this - in almost all cases starting
> and stopping drbd just works.

do you use virtualization patches? I had this issue together with
vserver and we figured out that is was an "orphaned" mount on the device...
So perhaps you have done a bind mount that was not properly unmounted or
similar. I also had this issue some time ago, IIRC it was a broken ext3
implementatin that "forgot" to clear a pointer to the mount and then
created an invalid backref.

Oliver
--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!
PGP-Key: 3B2C 8095 A7DF 8BB5 2CFF  8168 CAB7 B0DD 3985 1721