[DRBD-user] ServerForDLess

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 25 12:02:28 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 09:07:32AM +0300, Mike Tewner wrote:

> On 7/24/07, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
>
>     please, when posting to mailing lists,
>     do use text/plain mail.
>
>     On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:07:23AM +0200, caubert wrote:
>     >
>     >    Hi list,
>     >    I have got a serious problem with drbd-0.7.21-1 between two
>     >    server installed with Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 SP3.
>     >    Sometime synchronization is down and `cat /proc/drbd`show
>     >    this errors : "ServerForDLess" and "DiskForDLess"
>
>     if you had looked into the kernel log,
>     you had seen the io subsystem report io errors.
>

> What in his /proc/drbd output specifically points that out?

well, the "DLess" is to be read as "DiskLess"...
sorry for the abbreviation.
and drbd only ever goes diskless when lower level reports io error,
and you configured "on-io-error detach".

> BTW - I'm following your thread on the linux kernel list - Though I
> don't have any pull there, I did plug drbd on kerneltrap :-)

thanks!
we hope to be merged before chrismas :-)
If we are lucky, it might be weeks, not month.
but this very much also depends on
how much of our time we can invest
into kernel inclusion,
and how much time we have to spend
on paying customers, other projects,
and of course on bug fixing...

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :