[DRBD-user] Problem mounting a DRBD device

Sébastien Prud'homme sebastien.prudhomme at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:43:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm doing some tests with DRBD 8.0.4 and Heartbeat 2.0.7 to check if i
can use it for a file server. The kernel is kernel-smp-2.6.9-55.EL
from RHEL4.

I'm using a "drbdisk" and a "Filesystem" resource in Heartbeat.

I've noticed some problems (which happen randomly)  when halting
brutally the DRBD primary node. Hearbeat puts the second node in DRBD
primary state (checked with /proc/drbd) but Heartbeat can not mount
the file system.

If i list the processes on the server, the "mount" process launched bu
the "Filesystem" resource seems to be hanged.

Has someone see this behaviour before and is there a way to have more
logs from the DRBD module?

Regards,