[DRBD-user] DRBD Question

paddy at panici.net paddy at panici.net
Wed Jan 10 12:27:12 CET 2007

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 04:15:00PM -0500, Brad Barnett wrote:
>
> Right now, you're not really redundant.  When was the last time you pulled
> the plug from your drbd master, and let the slave run for a few hours?

sorry I missed this before ...

really good point "how do you *know* you could run on one node?"

It is probably a lot easier to squeeze the last drop of performance out
of an active/passive setup, and know that you're still redundant.
Similarly, it probably all to easy to drift into becoming
under-provisioned in an active/active setup.

In any case, isn't admin the big cost on a cluster ?

In the end, in a large part it is about the decisions people make

... remembering a six-figure (80's ukp) mainframe, where the mirror
had been broken some time ago ... (but not quite seven years ;-)

Regards,
Paddy