[DRBD-user] Large block IO bottleneck

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed Jan 3 04:46:42 CET 2007

Let me follow up on my own post by asking another question, maybe more
for the developers list, why is the max_sectors set to the PAGE_SIZE and
not the capabilities of the backing device? Will the driver not handle
the kind of throughput that a hardware based RAID card can generate? By
setting the max_sectors to 8 from the hardware's 128 severely limits
throughput (to 1/3 normal).

-Ross