[DRBD-user] OCFS2 over DRBDv8

lars Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 27 20:09:19 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-27 17:23:17 +0000
\ Rene Mayrhofer:
> Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2007 16:48 schrieb lars:
> > ocfs does "illegal" things based on plain wrong assumptions.
> > find a patch for ocfs2 on drbd-dev and ocfs2-devel,
> Is that patch likely to make it into upstream soon?

it is in the ocfs2 .git tree.

I assume, the more people bug them about it,
the faster it will be pushed to kernel.org...

go, bug them!

an other hint: you definetly want to increase the ocfs2 heartbeat
"retries" so it is much higher than any drbd timeout might be.
with the default of (iirc) 7, both ocfs2 nodes may decide to fence
themselves whithin some seconds when the network has some hickups.

and try to not run into oom conditions...

> Or is GFS2 better or even the "recommended" file system for
> primary/primary drbd volumes?

we don't "recommend" anything yet.  I believe ocfs2 is more lightweight
and would be easier to setup/maintain.  but that is just me...

> Do people already use primary/primary in practice? I'm still in
> testing, but would like to move that into production within a week or
> so. Is that realistic or am I too wishful? ;-)

hope we hear a happy success story soon?

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :